Purchased a few years ago by the Berthelet group, the Grands Bateaux de Provence company has been renewing their offer of Rhône cruises for both individuals and groups.
On the floating restaurant “MIREIO”
Star of the fleet and the biggest boat with panoramic views in the South of France, this floating restaurant with a capacity of 220 seated diners and 150 cocktail guests is ready to embark on lunch or dinner cruises along the Rhône.
– Lunch cruise: 2 hours navigating the waters at the foot of Avignon and Villeneuve-les-Avignon, with a delicious lunch on the Rhône. From €49 per person.
– NEW: the “Autour du vin” (All about wine) lunch cruise towards Châteauneuf-du-Pape (12pm-4pm) with an hour after lunch to spend strolling through the narrow streets of Villeneuve-les-Avignon. Prices from €59 /pers. for individuals according to a set menu
– Cruise-excursion towards Arles (11am-6:45pm), lunch and guided tour of the city included. Prices from €59 /pers.
– Cruise-excursion to Tarascon (11am-6:15pm). Prices from €59 /pers.
– Dinner cruise around Avignon (8pm-10:15pm), from €49
– Cruises with a dinner and a show (8pm-11pm), with a varied programme of shows and concerts all year round, from €59
– NEW: “La Terrasse du Miréïo” – dinner on the sun deck during the summer, with a stunning view of the banks of the Rhône (7:30pm-11pm)
– Every Friday: Acoustic jazz, pop or soul concerts or Gipsy parties. Prices from €59 /pers.
– Every Saturday: DJ, Cocktails & Canapés. Entry fee: €15 /pers.
The possibility of combining a cruise + activities (yoga, cycling, guided tours, wine tastings, teambuilding, birthday parties, etc.)
Trips on THE SAÔNE boat
This boat (115 passengers, 70 diners or 50 people in a “cocktail” setting) offers 1-hour trips around Avignon (for unique views of the Pont St Bénézet (Avignon Bridge), the Popes’ Palace, La Barthelasse island, and Villeneuve-les-Avignon with the Phillippe le Bel Tower and Saint André Fort, from the waters of the Rhône).
Full rate: €12/pers., group rate: €10/pers.
– NEW: Connection to Villeneuve-les-Avignon. This year all boat trips will stop at Villeneuve-les-Avignon, on the other bank of the Rhône. So, we can take the opportunity to disembark there – because the city is well worth the detour – and then head back on the next boat. A guided tour of the monuments is available every Tuesday at 10:45am with a guide from the tourist office (in July and August).
The CHARDONNAY floating hotel
Just 2 minutes from the Pont d’Avignon or 10 minutes from the Popes’ Palace, this floating hotel welcomes guests for a holiday on the water. The 23 comfortable cabins, panoramic observation room, sun deck, cocktail lounge and restaurant can be privately hired for a group of 46 people max.
These 3 boats are available for hire for events, cocktails, weddings, etc.
For more information and reservations:
La Compagnie des Grands Bateaux de Provence
Allée de l’Oulle – 84000 Avignon
T. 00 33 (0)4 90 85 62 25
Marie Di Nicola