Stroll through Gordes with a guide, visit a melon farm in Cavaillon, find out about the Vaudois’ tragic destiny in South Luberon, learn the story of the ‘Pope’s Jews’, or take in the Mediterranean flora and fauna on the borders of the Durance River with a naturalist bird-loving guide. The Luberon-Monts de Vaucluse Tourist Information Office lays on themed tours all year round for individuals and groups. A great way of getting to know this famous mountain and Nature Park better.
The Luberon-Monts de Vaucluse Tourist Information Office based in Cavaillon lays on original themed tours in summer for individuals and all year round for groups who book ahead:
- History and heritage in historic hilltop villages including Gordes, Oppède le Vieux, Les Taillades and Mérindol. You can also visit Gordes by night.
- Local delicacies: a trip along a 12th century irrigation canal, visiting vegetable farms (in season) and oil mills
- Naturalists: Mediterranean flora and fauna with a naturalist bird-loving guide on the borders of the Durance River or along the Mur de la Peste (Plague Wall) with stories about the great plague in Marseille
Tours in French, English, German and Spanish.
* From €5 to €8 / adult according to the tour chosen (from 3 to €5 for 12/18 year-olds)
* From 4 to €8 / pers according to the tour chosen (€10 for a guided tour of Gordes by night)