Here’s some good news for people who love exploring the countryside or climbing the slopes by electric bicycle – Vaucluse now boasts 13 charging stations and 150 Fast Chargers spread across the region, at Tourist Offices and member organisations of the Accueil Vélo (bicycle-friendly) network.
While today’s Bosch batteries (PowerPack, PowerTube, DualBattery) are long-lasting enough to power most e-Bike rides, it’s comforting to know that you can easily recharge them when you’re on the road or having to tackle a lot of uphill climbs – we all know that Vaucluse abounds in hills and tempting long cycle routes!
That’s why it was logical for battery manufacturer Bosch and Vaucluse Provence Attractivité to team up via the Provence by Bike initiative to roll out charging stations and Fast Chargers throughout the Vaucluse region.
- Power Stations
- Each Power Station offers secure lockers for 6 Bosch batteries to be charged at one time
- Cyclists remove their battery and put it in one of the charging station lockers. As with any locker, you keep the key and head off to enjoy lunch or a bit of local sightseeing while your battery recharges (allow half an hour per bar, depending on the battery).
- There are 13 Power Stations in Vaucluse – their GPS locations are shown on www.provence-cycling.com website, and they’re signposted with e-Bike flags.
- Fast Chargers
- Nearly 50 locations across Vaucluse – including Tourist Offices, bike hire companies, wine estates, museums, restaurants, hotels and cafés – can now give cyclists access to one of these fast, lightweight chargers.
- Picture a fast charger available in a Tourist Office: a cyclist entrusts her battery to a member of staff, who charges it up for her while she goes off to see the sights. After enjoying a drink under the shade of some plane trees, she returns – rested and refreshed – to fetch her battery.
These chargers take 1 – 2 hours to get a PowerPack 500 battery to 50% of its capacity, 3 hours for a complete charge, and 2 – 4 hours for ½ charge of a DualBattery 1000.
Complete list of charging station locations: www.provence-a-velo.fr/bornes-bosch/offres-104-1.html
Press contact: Vaucluse Provence Attractivité
Valérie Gillet – firstname.lastname@example.org – T. 33 (0)4 90 80 47 08