Châteauneuf-du-Pape’s Pavillon Bouachon wine cellar (formerly Pavillon des Vins) in the heart of the village has been transformed into a brand new space after 18 months of renovation work. With a lovely wine tasting area bathed in natural light, wooden rafters in its big reception room, and new aging cellars, this great venue continues to offer popular themed wine-tasting workshops.
Pavillon Bouachon – Pavillon des Vins in its previous incarnation – has been helping people to better appreciate the fine wines of Châteauneuf-du-Pape since 1999. Its top-notch services include guided winery tours and informative winetasting sessions, for both independent visitors and groups.
After undergoing major works both externally and internally, this until-now rather utilitarian building is born again as a modern, bright and very stylish winery.
Its interior has been greatly enhanced with the addition of a skylight above the winetasting area designed around a central island, a huge reception space under a ceiling of beautiful wooden rafters, and the aging cellars have been converted back to their original purpose, so that wine sampling directly from the barrel can now be organised.
Even the outside spaces have a fresh look. While there’s still room for coaches and minibuses to park easily, a Mediterranean garden now grows gently in front of the light stone-clad façade, while elegant wrought iron screens its wide openings. The setting is completed by a stone fountain, traditional Anduze urns planted with Provençal herbs, and Bacchus with a Faun perched over the entrance to welcome visitors over the threshold. A picture perfect renovation!
All offers include:
- Overview of Rhone Valley wines, with a focus on Châteauneuf-du-Pape
- Guided cellar tours
- + wine tasting (introduction to wine tasting, tasting from the barrel or themed workshop)
- Guided cellar tours, introduction to wine tasting: 3 wines (1 white Châteauneuf-du-Pape, 1 young Châteauneuf-du-Pape, 1 aged Châteauneuf-du-Pape) – €8.50/person
- Wine & Aromas workshop with a sommelier – €35/person
- Wine & Chocolate workshop, pairing assorted chocolate truffles from a renowned chocolate maker with white and red Châteauneuf-du-Pape wines. Wonderful! €35/person
- Wine & Cheese workshop, share a bit of France through its culture of wines and cheeses, tasting several great AOC fromages paired with wines from the cellar. €35/person
Catered meals on the estate (for tour operators and businesses only):
Meals on trays, buffets or seated meals, indoors or outdoors, on the terrace in the evenings. From 20 to 180 people. Price depends on the service required.
The meeting room can also be hired for private events.
Open every day from April to November, and Mondays to Saturdays from December to March
Languages spoken: French & English
Parking for cars and coaches
Le Pavillon des Vins
Avenue Pierre de Luxembourg – 84230 Châteauneuf-du-Pape
T. + (33) 490 835 834
Contact for tour operators: Florent Rigaud – firstname.lastname@example.org